Chronological resume 2017: How To Write
Chronological resume format is also well known as reverse chronological resume format, because it usually includes all the candidate’s employment history in reverse chronological order. Beginning from the most recent and than going backwards.
According to the latest polls, this resume format is the most popular among the hiring managers, because such resume format help them to understand who you are and what level of expertise do you have. Usually any chronological resume format 2017 includes achievement, dates and education blocks. Based on the level of candidate, resume content could be changed and you could find there additional blocks.
This resume format shows your real level of expertise and shows your career path clearly and without any doubts – it’s not for fresh grads or school leavers. It works for specialists who achieved real results in their industry.
What should you pay your attention choosing a chronological resume format 2017
- Start your resume with achievements or summary block to attract hiring manager and let him/her understand who you are from the beginning.
- List all your places of working in reverse chronological order. Always add dates you land the job and quited, so HR would easily understand your employment period.
TIP. It’s very important to separate your relevant experience and other experience in two groups. If you do so, HR would not spend much time trying to understand if you are the candidate they need to consider for this position.
Best Chronological resume examples 2017
Chronological resume: Poses
Let’s try to understand if this resume format would suit you and would reflect your candidacy in the most positive light. So, if all written above is about you, you should 100% use it:
- This is the one of the most used resume format all over the world and in US as well.
- This resume format would help you to highlight that you are good specialist in a specific field and know your job really well.
- It shows your career path and nobody would ask you about employment gaps or some other tricky questions during an interview.
- As the most traditional of formats, RC fits traditional industries (such as banking, education, and accounting).
Chronological resume: Cons
- If you changed your jobs frequently and does not have specific specialization, it’s much better to choose some other resume 2017 format.
- Huge employment gaps over three months – you have no chances to hide it using this chronological resume.
- You can’t hide your age – because you show your employment history from the beginning.
As you can see chronological resume has both advantages and cons, but if you still think that it would cover all your needs and would help you to get an interview – do no hesitate to use it.
Who should use chronological format
We would like to help you understand if such resume format is right for you and if you feel that all written above is about you, download chronological resume template and start crafting your resume.
Who should use:
- You have a proven stable career growth and achievements with real facts or numbers
- Your ex-employers are huge and respected companies, which names would only help you to land the job
- Your career path is stable and without instant downgrades.
- Temporary jobs is not about you.