Stop doing the same mistakes as all other job seekers do! Try to avoid such valued advice from your father or mother, especially when they are trying to teach you how to write a resume 2020 these days. We don’t want to say, that it’s fully useless, but in most cases, it would not bring you good results. It’s much better to use targeted resources, which could help you much more.
All is changing daily and resume writing is not an exception!
If you want to sell your candidacy as expensive as possible, you need to follow the latest resume 2020 trends. Resume writing niche is developing rapidly. Resume formats, resume templates, formatting approaches – Everything! If you want to get a job, a really good job, you need to bring some effort to write an outstanding resume. We are going to help you with that task.
Sell yourself in resume!
First, you catch, then you sell
If you know how to catch the hiring manager’s attention – you know how to get an invitation for a job interview. If you start selling from the first line and know how to do it the right way, you could easily triple your chances to get employed compared to other job seekers.
These days, boring objectives or intro’s are useless. Your reader is too picky! Nobody would like to read obvious objectives with tons of useless keywords, which bring no value to a reader. Instead of that, you need to bring then understanding why you are the number one candidate, who could be really interesting!
Latest resume templates 2020 – new edition
Why Resume Format 2020 so important?
There are too many ways how to present your career path using a professional resume template. Many job seekers even do not expect how important this resume structure could be. And no wonder, because they don’t think like hiring managers. Resume 2020 format is an outstanding way to structure content across a resume the way it could be easy to read and understand key values.
Different resume formats – different approaches. Now we’re going to talk about key resume formats 2020, which could bring a good positions in the job search process. Below you could find key resume formats and key differences between them.
Chronological. One of the most used resume templates by candidates and the most complex one. At the same time, hiring managers love it. Why do they love it? Because it is one of the most transparent resume formats, compared to others. You can’s conceal or hide nothing. Each step is tracked and logged in your chronological resume format. So, it’s a good idea to think twice. Only experienced candidates with an impressive career path could use it without any doubts.
Functional. As opposed to a chronological resume format, this one is much easier. All the attention here is on the candidate’s hard and soft skills. Document structure highlights skills much more, compared to some other attributes like experience, achievements and so on. It’s a good opportunity for more junior or skill-based specialists to get the job they want without too many tricky questions.
Combination. For those, who want to double their chances and have enough information to mix in a hybrid resume format. It would be a good solution for job seekers with some experience when you’d like to show career path and highlight skills.
Does a good resume template 2020 matter?
Of course! When you are applying for any position, a professional resume template is like a new standard for a job seeker. Without it, you will have much fewer chances to be even considered or noticed across tons of other candidates.
You are fighting for hiring manager attention! Resume template, which is hard to read because of bad structured is out of the competition. Below we decided to provide you with some advice on how to make a resume stand out from the crowd and win a competition.
- Only a professional resume template. Do not avoid colored resume templates, which could be looked not professional. Bright designs will bring a resume much more attention, compared to boring white&black CV. At the same time resume structure must be outstanding and follow key resume template design rules. It would help HR read resume faster and find information in seconds.
- Resume fonts. Only if you are not a designer or you have a really creative job position, do not try to experiment with fonts. Why it’s not good? The first reason is really simple – not all ATS systems support all types of fonts and could easily recognize it. If ATS cant recognize what’s inside resume, you simply don’t have any chances by default, because your resume will automatically be forwarded to a trash pile. Another good reason is the reader. If it’s not possible to read – nobody will bring extra efforts to do that. Sans-Serif fonts are the best for resumes. Try to not doing weird experiments to reduce your chances.
- White spaces. A lot of white spaces in a document, it’s not really good. The amount of white space in your resume could be a good checker to distinguish a professional resume from the bad one.
Latest resume 2020 Trends
Job searching approaches and strategies are constantly changing. One creativity is changing others. And it goes on a daily basis. Candidates are trying to bring more and more creative approaches to get the desired position. We decided to share the most trendy approaches in resume 2020 with you below.
- Video resume. Still in trend and growing year to year really high. Video content is much more interesting and brings hiring managers value, which they can’t get from a resume. Which value? First of all – it’s your soft skills. It’s the first thing any recruiter must do while candidate screening. If you know how to represent and “sell” yourself in video resume – you are a lucky candidate, because you have much more chances across all the other candidates. Usually, job seekers add a link on the video to their CVs.
- Resume online. More and more candidates sending web links to their CV, instead of attaching a CV to an application form. It’s much more comfortable because you can share it online whenever you communicate. There are tons of different services, which could provide such a service for free.
- Resume builder. A really nice opportunity to create an outstanding CV with a professional resume template in one or two hours. BUT the main barrier here – they are all paid. Furthermore, if you want to craft a really outstanding resume, you would need to spend up to $50-$100.
- Catchy resume objective. If you don’t know how to impress a hiring manager, you can try to write a creative resume summary.